Friday, May 9, 2014

Ham Fried Rice

  When you have leftovers of rice , a little meat, and some basic vegetables-  Make Fried Rice!  It is easy and filling and it cleans out your refrigerator. It works great for working  people because you can prep the night before . Then when you get home from work, dinner is just minutes away!

  We had leftover rice ( brown) but not a lot , so I made another half cup of rice.  Then I chopped up onions , carrots, celery, and garlic and put it in containers.  I chopped up ham and put that in another container.



      Recipe: Adapted from many cookbooks

  Heat  oil in a wok or large skillet.   Throw in onions and garlic and stir. Stir every-once in a while until softened.  Then add in  the rest of the vegetables: I used carrots and celery, but really you can use any raw or crisp cooked vegetable.  Saute and stir  until soft.  Then add the rice and also some soy sauce or stir fry sauce.  Also toss in your meat ( I used leftover ham) But you could also use pork , chicken, or beef.  

  I did not do this  but sometimes I scramble an egg or two before I put the onions in.   All will be done  when it is hot through.  If you have them you can add sprouts.

Sorry I can not show you a photo !!  We ate most of it and Bob took the rest for his lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment